The Association for Women in Computing is a non-profit professional organization for women and men who have an interest in information and technology. The Association is dedicated to the advancement of women in the technology fields.
AWC was founded by fifteen women in Washington, D.C. in 1978, and it is one of the first professional organizations for women in computing. The initial purpose of the group was to establish and encourage communication among women in computing. The scope of the organization has grown to include professional networking, continuing education, and mentoring.
Come join us and discover unrivaled camaraderie!
- Meet new friends and business contacts
- Gain technical and professional knowledge
- Enhance your leadership skills through local and national chapter involvement
- Increase your visibility in the high-tech community
- Support the advancement of women in technology fields